Sunday, July 15, 2007

don't buy beans from evil overlords

After I sent en email suggesting our church serve "fair trade" coffee, I found this website and I felt like sharing.

Tearfund

I don't really drink coffee, I drink tea, but I hereby swear that the next box of [decaf] tea I buy, will be fairly traded.
And I can proudly say that the chocolate I ate earlier was "fair trade" chocolate, which gives:
  • Farmers' organizations a fair and stable price for their products
  • Extra income for farmers and plantation workers to improve their lives
  • Greater respect for the environment
  • Small-scale farmers a stronger position in world markets
  • A closer link between consumers and producers
All things I'm in favor of.

I hate it when the little guy gets screwed over.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

you're deep

won tong said...

Oh My Gosh Charlie... That photo of your mom holding you up in the gown looks identical to my baby photo's wanna see.... You will not believe it I'll try and put them side by side... Wow!