Friday, July 06, 2007

I know why this family is happy



Everytime I watch Paula's Home Cooking on the Food Network I want to cuss.

Just when I think she's taken a food to the nth degree, with more butter than most people keep in their house-- she'll add a bag of cheese, or 2 cups of chocolate or something completely outrageous.
And I mouth the word "*$%#" as I watch the show because she just topped my expectiations.
She doesn't try to be low calorie or multicultural, she just makes it taste good.


I made these tonight, she calls them Orange Brownies, but I like to think of them as Orangies.
And yes they are cover-your-ears good.

I think I just heard a seam rip in my pants.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good home cooking...say no more. p.s. Orangies is funny.

Anonymous said...

I love the woman! Butter, MMMM. Carbs, MMMM. Deep fried Southern food, MMMM. I might be a CA girl, but I pay no attention to vegan diets and wheat grass shots...
Two thumbs up!

laura said...

we talked about this already, but i agree with everything you just said. "cover your ears good"-that's great!

paula, if you're reading this, my son needs and extra grandma, and i want YOU.

KAI said...

Paula is my hero!!! Who wouldn't love her around?!