Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Baby Tuesday

I blame blogger for my photos disappearing...I put them on again, watch them come back and I'll have double...

Baby C got attacked by a crazy toddler in the church nursery on saturday night, she wasn't his only victim and somehow in a sick way that made me feel better about the incident.
Here's how it went:
I walked in to pick her up, and in front of me was a father picking up his son. The nursery lady said politely but with a firm stare, "your son was scratching all the other children today." Then the guy carried him out and I asked for my toddler.
They pulled her from the ajoining room wailing and holding her cheek.
"She got pinched in the face."
I think she was his final victim, the attack for the road, if you will.
Luckily Daddy was there with me to hold her but she was still pretty upset.
When we got all buckled in the car I looked at her face and the area underneath her right eye was all pink and swollen.
I grumbled to myself about the little turd going for her eyes and said "do you want ice cream?"
So we got ice cream.

And yes I know that you're not supposed to use food as a reward or whatever the rule is.
And yes I know I should think other people's kids are turds.
But I do and I don't care.

Just in the past week she's been stringing together words to convey more complex thoughts, which means that communicating with her is more like playing the $10,000 Pyramid than say, Concentration.

Here's an example of what I think is the cutest thing:
C:"Park"
Me:"We already went to the park"
"Rich"
"And Rich was there too."
"GiGi"
"And Gigi"
"Dada"
"And Daddy"
"baby"
"yes and the baby was there too"
"stro"
"we went in the stroller"
"fun"
"Did you have fun?"
"yeah!"

Hey, she's my first kid. I think it's adorable that that's how she tells me that she remembers going to the park with all of us that morning and having fun.

She told her father a similar report on the events at the aquarium, who was there and what she saw and that it was fun.
Cute!

Also in the middle of the night instead of making little whines when she wakes up, she plays with her plush Tad that sings little songs when you press his buttons. At 3AM I'll hear "that's the yellow star! that's the green circle!"


Buried treasure!


So many neat things for little kids to experience there!
Like this little coral tunnel with fish tanks inside, so cool.
I can't wait until both babies can play in there. I wanted to let her hang out and play all afternoon but Baby R made it clear he wasn't cool with that.


Baby R relaxing at last in Capitola.


"Thanks GG for holding me. I love love."


Guess where I am in all this?


What am I doing here?
Moreover, what is my hair and outfit doing?


This activity confused both of us. I don't think she had the prerequistite for the flippers.


Note the penguin shirt. I thought ahead! We had aquatic spirit.


Please people, just leave me in peace. I have no interest in fish.


Again, the best part about this exhibit was the fiberglass rock.


This little boy had been in the giant seashell but when I told Baby C to climb in and share it with him, he got weirded out. He looked at her for a moment and then walked off. Sorry Chuck, not a love connection.



Grandpa Rich educates Baby R (who is now 4 mo old!) about the wide world of hot doggery.


the pleasantly unexpected


Thanks be to Rich for carrying the big lump around!
This video makes more sense knowing this was the arrangement.




"ooh reading glasses- yoink!"


At this point, Baby C loved chasing the seagull feathers that were blowing around out on the balcony way more than anything else in the museum.





If you can't tell, she saying penguin penguin! fly fly!
Or rather "pennuh pennuh! fye fye!" Which is cuter anyway.

4 comments:

Sam said...

WOW! So many things to say. First off...LOVE the penguin shirt, I can't believe that still fits her! Hooray for animal coordination. Second, I could watch video of lil kids fascinated by the aquarium all day, MORE MORE I say. Lastly, a "neice" after her "Auntie's" heart, she had much love for the pennuhs! We should watch Happy Feet together :)

Unknown said...

it is in the right spot, but the pics aren't available for me to see

Anonymous said...

So, since I have two...

It totally sucks to pick your injured kid up from the church nursery. You always think all these thoughts (or maybe I'm nuts and I'm too paranoid) like "ah, my kid's going to hate church, and it's all that evil kid's fault!!!" Then, I realize that everyone (pretty much) who is there is just a volunteer out of love - so I don't get mad (at least too mad) at them.

Then there is the time that you pick up your child - and it might be your numero dos like it was with me a couple of weeks ago - and the teacher says "He's got a temper and he scratched another kid. I think he did it on purpose"...

I think the latter is the worst though, and that's with Little-J enduring a "J. Sosa Throw" from the fish room slide. That kid used to have a lot of issues, but he's really sweet now.

KAI said...

Could it be??? Monterey???? I love love love that pic of the three of them in front of the fishies.