Sunday, July 01, 2007

flattery will get your photos thrown away

It's 11:11 right now and i am 11 minutes in to my one hour of inidividual productivity.

Any design jobs I have on my plate, most emails, blog posting, and online shopping, I gets done between the hours of 11 p.m. and 12 a.m.

I think it'll be like this for a while...

anyway--

I went to Tar-shzay this afternoon to pick up [some Old Spice] and my photos that I sent to be printed last night.

I walked up to the [napoleon dynamite] guy at the photo counter and asked for my photos.

He handed me a small envelope and told me the price.

I asked him where the other prints were and he replied "oh there was a copyright infringment, those were profressional photos."

"What?"

"Those were taken by a professional, you don't have permission to print them"

"I swear to God I took those." (I can't believe it only took the threat of not getting a handful of prints in order for me to throw the Lord's name around like that)
"They're mine I swear! Here, do you have them, I'll show you where I screwed stuff up with photoshop!"

He then tells me that he usually throws them away but he had them in a drawer so he pulled them out. I then showed him where I had to edit out Baby R's "little bits," etc. And thankfully he believed me.
I mean what did I have to do, go home and get my art degree off the wall and show him I'm capable of taking good photos? (Not to mentionI didn't think they weren't that good.)

I walked over to TK Noodle clutching the envelope like ransomed captives. I sat down and opened up the initial envelope and sure enough there was an official document inside stating that by law they had refused printing according to the law.

Thank you for the compliment, but I just want my photos!

3 comments:

KAI said...

told you so....i thought they were professionals too! so, take the compliment, woman!! take it!! ;)

laura said...

i could totally see the mistakes.

just kidding!

i am going to need you to come over for pics next time you're in tx, please.

Samantha P.M. said...

Yeah...maybe I should bring my purple TNT-self down to your house and have you shoot me ;)

I would've flipped out if they hadn't given you the pictures...as I was reading your post, I could feel Sam the Bulldog coming out