Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I cheat on my church



It's true.
I wish I lived in Portland, just so I could go to Imago Dei Community.
Seriously, I've pre-decided that if we have to move away from Sockswithsandalsland, I want to live in Portland, just because of them.

Blue Like Jazz was the book that directed me to it, because the author attends it.

It turns out that my two undercover loves (the other being NPR) have merged, albeit briefly in a 9 minute segment.

It's more moving to listen to Rick's weekly podcast, but listening to him and his wife talk about their "Advent Conspiracy" was very inspiring. (I've just listened to both on my laptop here at Barefoot Coffee, my place of zen)

I hope to muster the guts to join their conspiracy next year.

1 comment:

Heidi-Marie said...

You DO know we're moving to Portland, right? Like in January... You guys are welcome come up and visit whenever you'd like! And, be warned, I'll be continually trying to lure you away from sockswithsandalsland and get you guys up there (for purely selfish reasons, of course!). Now, armed with this information, I have something to use in my endeavors!