Sunday, December 02, 2007

stupid fruit


I bought the wrong kind of persimmon.
I have concluded that if there ever was such a thing as a stupid fruit, this is it.
The right kind of persimmons, you can eat like an apple.
They taste good.
You can eat them
.
But Hachiya persimmons are like the monarch butterfly of tree fruits.
It does not want to be eaten.

So if you bite into it, "it is [as] if you just drank six cups of extra strength tea."

I'm so annoyed with them.
Apparently you can either wait until they get soft as a water balloon or you can freeze and thaw them, to get rid of the tannins.
I think I'll choose the latter, just to punish them for being disorderly.
Also because the former sounds disgusting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yep, supposed to let them get pudding soft before digging in. never been such a fan - i prefer mindless picking through pomegranates for teeny seeds with little bits of meat on them.