Friday, December 28, 2007

options make me freeze

I had it all made up in my mind what fabric I wanted to make curtains out of.
It looked something like this:


But then I saw all these options and now I'm having a creative [curtain] crisis.




Aaa!

I can't calculate all the possible the design consequences of committing to a pattern!

Those who have seen my bedroom, feel free to vote.


I was (graciously) given an Amazon.com gift card which is slowly undoing me. I have been compiling a wishlist over the last week in order to narrow down my selections to two or three items.
I have 36 items in my list as of 11:41pm,
including a Totoro kleenex box cover, a squirrel print dog bed, and a book about the history of the color blue. Options are a dangerous thing.
If I had to pick now, I'd buy the starburst mirror, the tissue cover, and 5 yards of one of those farbics for curtains.

It's midnight. Yep, I'm coming undone. Damn you spend-orphins!

6 comments:

My Mid-Afternoon Daydream said...

gotta love those amy butler fabrics! i think the last 3 are lovely - especially the 2nd and 4th... i have her fabrics in my bathroom & kitchen and haven't tired of 'em yet :o) options are great! oh, and i LOVE totoro too!!

Sam said...

OK...I think with the pattern on your wall...and the bright blue color...I think the first fabric is the best choice...specially cause of the new duvet cover. :)

Don't your dogs eat dog beds? Or am I getting them mixed up with someone else's pups?

Leigh said...

my hubby has read the History of the Color Blue book. He checked it out from our local library though, so that's another option. (sorry!)

Charlie said...

Leigh, Daniel is the reason I know about the Blue book. :)
Sam, I went back to the white duvet and no, the dogs don't eat beds. But Mojito will pull out stuffing if it starts to come out.
Devon, Yay! Totoro! I have it on VHS :)

Anonymous said...

I like the first choice as well. I really would like to know where you got the wallpaper for your room. I like it and maybe want to do one wall in our bedroom with a nice pattern like that. Do tell! Kamie

Anonymous said...

With your bedroom scheme in mind, I would choose the 1st one due to simplicity and just the black/white. With your stenciling on the wall, the other patterns could make you both cross-eyed permanently!! Love, Mom