Wednesday, July 13, 2005

it's not like it's Michael Bolton

My boss bought a Michael Bublé CD from the Starbucks across the street last week, and I think I've found a new artist for my "closet music" collection. Closet music being music that is totally uncool to like but I like it anyway, I just don't tell music snobs and don't play it when Kevin's home.
It really is a shame he doesn't pronouce his name like "bubble" but I guess that name is already taken. I heard the name is French Canadian, evident in the way he pronouces "llama" like "lamb-a" on track 13. No Mexicans in Quebec to straighten him out I guess.
Truthfully, he's a wanna be Harry Connick Jr. who probably can't write a song to save his life. But I still like it. I do a little chair dance whenever that CD comes around in the changer at work. And I wish even more that we could just listen to it on loop instead of the toturous Billy Joel, the Eagles or Paula Cole, yikes!

7 comments:

laura said...

this was way funnier than my post...it would be cooler if he was michael bubble. if you ever need to comiserate about having to keep your closet music from your husband, find me. are our hubbys separated at birth???
i would rather listen to metal scraping together than the eagles or paula cole, so i can understand why you enjoy the harry copycat.

A. Diabetic Person said...

He has a song with the word llama in it???

Charlie said...

I'm glad I didn't get crap for dissing the Eagles. I was worried about that. I finally realized about a year ago that they annoy me.

Charlie said...

Yeah it's the song "Come Fly with me."..."Come fly with me, let's float down to Peru, In llama land there's a one man band and he'll toot his flute for you..."
The credit goes to Frank Sinatra though.

Sam said...

Dude...my Jen is TOTALLY in love wiht that guy...he's on a commercial too!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think that he really borderlines cheese,but a good cheese. We'll say he's a Brie.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think that he really borderlines cheese,but a good cheese. We'll say he's a Brie.