Thursday, July 28, 2005

just put the microphone down

There's a race downtown this weekend.
I was watching an interview with the head of Team Australia on the local news.
At the end of the interview the painfully white bread american reporter said
"I know what Australian for beer is, what's Australian for good luck?"
To which the harried man said "uh...do it."
"Do it, okay great! Hey if you need an Outback, I know where one is."
"oh okay."
After the tape interview was over, he told the news desk:
"that man was actually from Scotland."

Idiot.

1 comment:

A. Diabetic Person said...

This makes me think of Fred Willard in Best in Show.

"This may be a little off the path, but how much weight do you think I could bench press?"

"Yeah I went to an obedience school once. It was all going well until they spilled hot candle wax on my private parts."

Ahem...
Anyway...

How do people like that get those jobs while I have to work in a call center helping people finance their car loans?