Friday, August 19, 2005

Lifetime: television for cocaine dealers?

I think I could count on one hand the number of times I have watched a show on Lifetime, despite that by definition I should like it, because biologically I am a woman, but I'm not *that* kind of "woman." I think BET might hold my attention longer.
But today I was cruising the cable menu and saw that True Romance was on. I clicked it and was enjoying the edited for TV version, when the commerical break came on-- commercials for skin care, made for TV movies about women-who-the-world-doesn't-understand, etc. "Oh my gosh, I'm watching Lifetime! What is this Tarantino film doing on Lifetime?" I think they must have added it to their programming schedule by title alone, because while I think it is the most mild film that director has ever made, it certainly isn't Not Without My Daughter or Bridges of Madison County. I'm sure the program director will be fired immediately on a sensible floral letterhead.

No comments: