Monday, August 01, 2005

mini post

During the Bradley classes, we were shown a big color anatomical chart of how a normal woman's internal organs are arranged, all happily working together, doing their own special jobs to make said woman function. And then on the other side of the chart we saw where all those organs go when the baby moves in. Organs are pushed every which way in the the same way dirty laundry is stuffed in a closet when guests arrive unannounced.
I am that closet, and my guest is staying another month.

(Oh and I can't let it go, my feet seem to belong to someone else.)

5 comments:

laura said...

you chose to go with the bradley method, huh? i have thought about it, but i am a wimp, so, i am really unsure about the whole thing. we'll have to email about it sometime...

Lucy said...

Wait until you see your feet the morning after you deliver. It goes down, but that first morning, my goodness!

Let's just say avoid salt for a few days.

Charlie said...

Actually(!) our Bradley class was taught by a doula, and oh boy, if we had the extra money lyin' around I would have loved to hire her, she was great. I think we're gonna try a home-birth for baby #2, and I know we'll need her then. I have faith that Kevin will remember all the stuff and be a good coach, but I'll pass the word to him. :)

And yeah Rollerskater, email me, I'll tell you all the reasons I'm doing a natural birth. Once you take the classes, it's not a scary idea, it builds your confidence in your abilities and that it's the better way to go.

won tong said...

HEY WE DID THE BRADLEY METHOD AND SO DID THE REST OF THE FAMILY IT WAS GREAT..WE ATTENDED CLASSES GIVEN BY RN AT THE HOSPITAL AND ONCE YOU DO IT YA DON'T NEED TO GO AGAIN..GET READY FOR THE HEE-HEE-BLOW AND ICE CHIPS.. LORD I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THE PIC DESCRIBING SWOLLEN ANKLE..SORRY BUT THAT CVOMES WITH THE BABY..

Unknown said...

I've been calling dumb kids Doulas behind their backs for years. Why would you want a dumb kid in the birthing arena with you?