Tuesday, June 27, 2006

America's Drive In, I am an American!


When living in TX, I took Sonic for granted.
I took the whole Dallas barrage of eatery options for granted.

That's fine, out here I don't have Whataburger, or Taco Cabana, or Cafe Brazil, or Waffle House, or Taco Bueno, or Chuy's. But they don't advertise here and tease me.

Sonic does!

The TV stations here advertise for Sonic Drive-Ins all the time!

The nearest Sonic is 60 minutes away, but I've decided that one big Ocean Water is worth it. Ok, maybe I'd have to add some cheese tots to really make it worth it.
But I'm gonna do it.

Next month, I'm going to make a pilgrimage there. Who's with me?!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what about dairy queen? do you have a dq?

Charlie said...

Yes, there is dairy queen, but that's not as fun to me. The Blizzard can never replace Ocean Water in my heart.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when the wife and I are bored, we will drive to Tracy to get some Sonic

Sam said...

Dude! I'm SOOOO there. Those commercials drive me nuts...I so desperately need cherry limeade!

I miss Chuy's too...they had the BEST nachos...mmmmm....

Anonymous said...

I can't ever seem to convince EK to stop there. We always pass it on the way to Modesto. Sonic is quite good though.