Saturday, June 10, 2006

the little shoulder devil wins again

During kitchen construction, we're using disposable dishes. When I made the decision to do so, I thought, "I'll rinse the plastic cups and forks and recycle them, and the paper plates will biodegrade."
And for the first few weeks I was doing good, not only was I rinsing and recycling, but I was also cooking alot with the George Foreman and a hot plate.

But now, it's all gone to pot.

I'm throwing away so much. And I haven't eaten this much fast food since freshman year of college. I'm too lazy to walk to the bathroom to rinse out even the baby food jars. In the trash they go. Anything that needs rinsing or deconstructing, gets trashed.

I try to harden my heart about it and not care what I'm doing, but I keep hearing this tape in my head "Food containers are #1 component of landfills!"

I'm turning myself in. I am personally to blame for global warming. Call Al Gore (who I love!), tell him to come arrest me, and the polar ice caps will return to normal. It's not fossil fuels or CFC's, it's me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

um, no.