Friday, June 30, 2006

This is my roguest move ever

Is roguest a word? No? Well it is now.


I've decided that is necessary for me to do stand up comedy.
Yes, that's right.
But not like this:

I'm gonna leave the accordian out of my act.

Aurora can testify that I loved watching the Comedy Channel when I was a kid. (Before it was all South Park and MadTV, it was poor qulity videos of stand ups over and over and over)
I find myself doing shtick with anyone I talk to, which I think irritates them.
I know very very few funny people here in Sockswithsandalsland. In fact, general rule is, if the person is wearing Teva's, they have a horrible sense of humor (and style!).
To be concise, I'm tired of my jokes falling on deaf ears.

I don't go see stand up live very often because usually the people are just X-rated frat guys that try to stuff their 8 minute set with as many F bombs as possible. Which isn't clever or smart. They tell the kind of jokes you tell when your 8th grade study hall monitor leaves the room, and you try to impress your butterball friends with your imaginary sex-scapades.


I made the mistake of telling a guy I know who does stand up that I was interested in doing it. He pounced on the idea and now I have a week to get my material together.

I'll be using some stories from this here blog, because c'mon some of my past posts are gold, baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Give plenty of warning to where you will be performing. Your fellow bloggers can help get the word out.

BTW, is the guy helping you out Jon Talbert?

Anonymous said...

We'd come for sure!

I'd keep the accordion though, but I wear Teva's when it's hot, so nevermind...

Charlie said...

Pkillur, you'd better listen to me! Get rid of those Tevas!
The world offers far more sandal options than that!
Give me your shoe size, I will buy you some!

Gibbytron said...

Dang! Am I going to miss your debut? Keep me posted funny lay-day!! And yes, I know that is Judy Tenuta... :)