Monday, September 03, 2007

Baby Tuesday

Okay, this cake isn't for the babies, it was for Grandma T on her _0th birthday.



It was my first attempt at fondant, and on a hot day, it's not an easy thing to pull off.
But the result was cute, so mission accomplished.


Here's the baby connection. Baby C was jonesin' for what she called the "bug take."
Note the two candles posing as antennae.



Then she got what I called "cake fever." Mild symptoms of frosting on face, arms and chest as well as relentless focus on the cake at hand.


This is one of the cutest scenarios I have ever captured on film!
Baby R decided that Baby C jumping was HILARIOUS! And then Baby C laughed at him laughing, and then we laughed at them laughing at each other.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing sounds better than babies' laughter....I could listen to that forever. (however, I see little Mojito isn't laughing...but he is showing us his cute diaper...is he used to it now?)

won tong said...

I just laugh hysterically at baby R and of course baby C and of course you both...funny stuff and the cake is outstanding.

Unknown said...

great video capture! That is awesome that R is such a laugher-man. Very cute and happy clip. I like that mojito diaper action too, and that onsie looks way better on R!! Fun.
And....Happy Bday to Grams T !

Anonymous said...

When I see that video, I want to jump on a plane and get in on the action!! Glad you are enjoying the joys of motherhood! It's moments like these that make it all worth it!!! Mom

Anonymous said...

The "bug" cake is just precious! Good job Charlie!!! Mom

Kristianna said...

Charlie, that cake is great! Did you find a recipe online or is it in a book? If online, give with the URL!

Charlie said...

I just made it up. I used a cheaty fondant recipe that is basically frosting with way more powdered sugar so it's more dense.
But yeah, I just made it up. I baked the round top part in a round pyrex casserole and the bottom/head in a flat round Pyrex (thanks to Aunt Tricia who gave those to us!)
I popped them out and stuck them together and got wacky with the frosting.

Anonymous said...

Charlie, you are amazing!! You make a cake that is by far cuter than anything you could've bought; obviously you're the best daughter-in-law; you have the happiest, cutest kids ever (and husband, too!) Looking at the little guy is like looking at you when you were little!! Can't wait to see Baby C's birthday cake!!
Aunt D