Thursday, September 13, 2007

the children were nestled all snug in their beds

I am so excited for Baby C's birthday super fun day tomorrow!
Let me show you what I have prepared so far:


Here are only about half of her gifts, Sandi's and Auntie RoRo's were in Baby R's closet.
They are wrapped spectacularly too! Mom, you may notice I added some bows and fingerpuppet flair to your packages. :)
And Dianne I put the Crocs in one of these, which worked surprisingly well.


I made a balloon butterfly in front of her today, just to see what she thought.
She wasn't amazed, she just wanted to do one herself.


The only protected area in the house, the unused bathtub, is posing as a stashing/staging area.


Piece de Resistanece, le gâteau de petit gâteau.
Do note, that the turtle in the center is a Charlie-made white chocolate (which is reminiscent of donkeys) cherry cordial which is slightly gory to bite into, if you can picture it. The rest is my own recipe of sugar-clay, and a few little candy snowflakes.

Woo!

8 comments:

Jenna said...

It looks like so much fun!

laura said...

can i get the sugar clay recipe? great job! looks like SUCH a great time! have fun!

Leigh said...

that is so cute!

won tong said...

OH CHARLIE WE LOVE IT ALL AND THE CAKE IS SUPER DOOPER... What is sugar clay do tell . Thanks

Anonymous said...

Ok, you are so crafty. I wish you lived nearby so that you could help me with my kids' birthdays. I just plain suck with either the bakery-made cake or Betty Crocker cupcakes with plain old vanilla frosting (although we did put them in the shape of a two).

Thumbs up, girlfriend!

Charlie said...

To make the "clay", you're gonna need a big stand up mixer, or at the very least a handheld egg beater.
1/2 stick butter, 1/4 stick of crisco and a few teaspoons of light corn syrup, and mix until smooth.
Then slowly pour a whole box of powdered sugar (organic of course! :D ) until it's combined.
Then to make it mold-able, add water a tsp. at a time, until it resembles play-dough.
Ball it up, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
From there you can break off pieces and add color to it, etc...

Unknown said...

I seriously need you to fly to town every year for Scout's birthday and be the party planner, gift wrapper, and cake maker. I've been missing all of your talents ever since you moved out of Texas, but now that we have kids involved, there is a whole new level of your expertise to miss. You family is so lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

That is the greatest "2" cake I have ever seen. Much applause for the Chef-Charlie. Martha move over-There's a new kid in town. Can't wait for the next Tues. edition!! Mom