Monday, September 17, 2007

Baby Tuesday


You might remember me, Miss Charlie from Romper Room.
Everything had to say "Toddler Party" including my ensemble.
' Impossible to have good posture with a full backpack.


They have this big old firetruck for kids to climb all over. He refused to look at the camera, but this view turned out to be pretty cute after all.


Speaking of not looking at the camera.
I can't say I blame her. She's trying to play and have fun and we're interrupting and being un-fun.


This was a photo I took to test if the camera was working.
Yep, works.


He was amazed. Really amazed.


Baby J came along to the CDM with us and Baby C was truly happy to see her.
Here they are playing in what seems to be a giant breadbasket.
Baby J also help build the hype of Baby C's new purple Crocs that she opened later, by wearing the exact same shoes.
Even today when she was wearing them she said "pur-pa[l] s[h]oos, juss[t] ligh[ke] J---'s"


We rode the light rail to the CDM because like every other toddler, she likes trains. It could have been a long torturous if Baby R hadn't cooperated, but blessedly although he was tired, he was a good boy. A 20 min car ride was a 40 minute drive/ride, but she loved it.


The beehive of kiddie excitement was centered around Water Ways.
As I watched them play, I tried to work out in my head how we could have our own water-ville in our backyard.


Daddy do my bidding.


I have no comment, she's just so cute.


He gave it a good run, but he didn't last 8 seconds.



Ba-bum!!


The wind kinda blew them out for her. We didn't tell her to wish, but I'm pretty sure it would have been "I wish to eat the cake."





And less we forget our other babies.
They also got cupcakes.






There is video that exists of Baby C gleefully opening all of her gifts, but sorry Jim, the CD's you burned for us didn't open.
So maybe I'll have them in time for next week's Baby Tue.
She loved all of the gifts, the whole day was really really fun.
We capped it off watching her favorite episode of Sesame Street while she danced ballet in her new pink tutu that Grandma Sue made her.

On Sunday I walked the family to the Sockswithsandalsland Crafts & Booze festival. Ordinarily the park welcomes leashed dogs, but once I get there, there are big serious signs saying no dogs and the entrances are manned with police.
Great.
I felt a little like Clark Griswold finding out that Wally World was closed-- I was gonna make this work!
I tried stuffing them into the mesh bags underneath the jog stroller, but that only lasted a few minutes, that is, until I tried to go uphill and they popped out like peas.
Then I unstrapped Baby C so she could walk and put the dogs in there. Immediately everyone ooh and awed at how cute they were in the stroller with Baby R next to them. At first it made me nervous that we would get busted, but then I just smiled and nodded and politely explained that these dogs were "fugitives" according to the sport sandal craft fair police, as I tried to cleave a thick crowd of wine-ies in pursuit of my speedy toddler.
It was soon too much for me to handle, and we fled, albeit quite slowly, inching the double-wide stroller through slow moving baby-less, dog-less crowd.

We went to the "fair" for two reasons, to see the ducks and to scout out the booths, because I plan to have one next year. Yes that's right, I'm gonna do it, I'm joining the sisterhood of crafties.
(I'll blog more about that later)

6 comments:

My Mid-Afternoon Daydream said...

everything looked like a blast...you guys are the coolest parents ever!

really good job on the cake - SO impressed :o)

& i've got lowdown on different craft shows if you like...will we be seeing some elephants and cherries?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful birthday planning!!! Looks like everyone had a blast. Glad all your hard work paid-off with Cricket totally enjoying the events and the CAKE!! Miss you all... Mom/GiGi

Christy said...

Hello Skinny!

Unknown said...

you-snow white-are killing me!

Unknown said...

dining table chairs on the front yard, along with a child's birthday gathering...one of the many reasons why i'm proud to call you my sister.

Anonymous said...

The party is just like one Pippy Longstockings would have...minus the horse of course! Charlsa, you just look so adorable in these pics. I hope some of these might make it to Texas!!! Mom