Friday, September 28, 2007

make a little birdhouse in your soul

My high school yearbook didn't do "most likely to's."
But if they had, I think I would be voted "Most Likely to Not be in MOPS"

And yet I am.

I volunteered to do "decorations" this year and the theme was "the home."
[insert your own joke here]

I give you my interpretation in birdhouse form, Mrs. Charlie's Neighborhood:


Before they got little boomerang boards glued on the bottom, I lined them up like a suburb for my own entertainment.
Each house corresponds to a different mini-group at MOPS. We're separated into colors (caucasians here, asians over there-- kidding.) I asked to name them too, and here's where I lay on the cheez real heavy:
Blue (my group): Otter Pop St.
Green: Pickles Pl. (shout out to Leigh's dog Pickles!!)
Yellow: Dandelion Dr. (not pictured)
Orange: Sweet Potato Ln.
Red: Radio Flyer Rd.
Purple: Octopus Ave.
Pink: Jellybean Blvd.

The white one with polka dots is for the welcome table. And instead of having little springy "home" elements like hammers and hairdryers that jiggle when you bump them, it has donuts and Noah's Ark, MOPS elements if you will.


Mojito was supposed to look like Godzilla coming to crush the city. But he's too pitiful.


Blue print free forms with filigrees attached.


Less flash.

I hope you didn't look to close. I didn't do a real quality control check on any of them because they had to get done pronto, all 8 of them. So I admit there are little "holidays" in the paint and some hot glue cob webs on the houses. C'est la vie.

I will say that this was the most satisfying art project I've ever done for the church. Because I knew they would really appreciate it, knowing themselves how little spare time mommies have.

I drove the houses over this morning and they loved them.

:)

5 comments:

Sam said...

Those look soooo awesome! Good job :)

Anonymous said...

Forget the undies, make custom houses as gifts! They could be themed with the "house" hobbies of the person coming out of the roof! Either way, they are just too cute. You did a great job as ALWAYS! Mom

Charlie said...

Well I don't know about making anymore to sell, but I was considering suggesting that they auction them at the end of the year as a fundraiser.

Leigh said...

YAY! A shout out to my dog!
She says "thanks!" or...something like that with a tail wag.

won tong said...

Charlie Bird oh Charlie Bird...I love it wow what a great idea and you should sell them or auction them off..I wish I could see them in person as the photo's don't do justice. You should start taking orders ya here I want some to give away some for gifts...