Thursday, September 20, 2007

It works! It's alive!



I tested out my new silkscreening prowess (or lack thereof) on Baby R's crib sheet.

Baby C who now sleeps in her big girl bed had bequeathed two bunny-pink fitted sheets to her brother.
I know Baby R has no boy-identity yet but I decided to dye the pink sheets red just the same.

The idea was to do a tone on tone red sheets with red elephants. Apparently I still suck at vat dying because they came out more of a "coral" red--a very close cousin to pink, but less princess pink than they were before. (that's what I'm telling myself anyway)

Then I squeegeed away with the elephant silkscreen I made, and voila! Elephant sheet!

If I were to be making this kind of thing for someone else, I probably would have measured and spaced them out differently. Instead, it was just practice, a practice sheet that I can use.

I wasn't planning on printing on sheets as a habit, but now, I'm considering of the possibilities of glow in the dark sheets...

I also printed cherries on a pair of Baby C's pants, but they are in the sleeping dragon's lair at the moment. They came out great! Just take my word for it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you've got sweet printing skills. very hip. can't wait to see what you'll think of next.

laura said...

i want!!! i want!

we'll have to talk more about how you did this. i would love to give it a try!

My Mid-Afternoon Daydream said...

you DID it...wow, love them elephants :o) what are you printing next?