Saturday, March 04, 2006

careful with that camera, you're getting my ugly side

I've been on an impossible craigslist quest to find dining room set. But not just any one will do. No. It must meet the following requirements:
-leaf table, but not drop leaf
-able to seat 4 without leaf, 6 with leaf
-dark stain wood
-contemporary, arts&crafts, or art deco style
-not more than 20 miles away
-less than 300 dollars

Yes, I drive a hard bargain. And I have slaved over a hot craigslist many a month searching for it.
No, this does not end in me proclaiming that I have found the holy grail of dinette sets, sadly, sadly no.
It ends in me ripping yet another twit of a seller.



This set has been on the site for weeks, and the guy/chick will not take less than $150.
Dude! It's friggin' fugly!
I'd be hard pressed to live under it if I was homeless. Just give it away!
The Golden Girls don't have a conference room, so it's only niche is non-existant.
Dump it.

2 comments:

laura said...

the GOLDEN GIRLS! a golden girls reference!?! i love "the charlie".

Unknown said...

No kidding on the just dump it. Man, that looks like the sort of stuff the old RHS library just said..."come and get it" when they remodeled.

By the way, the table you describe so well in the beginning sounds like mom's old table. heh.