Friday, March 03, 2006

my love/hate relationship with...

I have a dichotomous (I just made the word up, write it down.) association with the following: (feel free to write these down too, you never know when I might test you)

Television-

[heart]I have television to thank for most of my intelligence, social intelligence anyway. It still remains my number one source for information, in the form of info-tainment like NOVA and Modern Marvels, etc

[crossbones] Just like Harry said "No one, on his death bed, ever said, "I wish I'd watched more television."
Oh how true. Kevin and I know that it sucks the life out of our evenings, slowly morphing us into turnips every night. But we still watch it. Because it's there. And it's friggin enormous.


Chinese Food-

[heart] Is there anything more delightful than breaded, deep-fried meat, covered in sweet sauce and served with fluffy rice? No, there really isn't. Don't say puppies or babies, those don't count. It is overwhelmingly cheap and seems to support a local business, in a way that going to say Taco Bell would not. And I cannot forget to mention the cookies with secret messages. Give me a free cookie, I'll listen to your advice, plain and simple.

[crossbones] When I eat chinese takeout, my day is pretty much over. I inexplicably wolf it down (okay, the explanation could be its oily sweet goodness) without really chewing at all, and then feel like a walrus on rock. And I don't know if you've ever observed a walrus, but they don't get much done. They certainly don't empty wastebaskets or sew curtains.


Let me announce here and now, that the cat is snoring. I didn't know cats could snore until this very moment.



MySpace-

[heart] Classmates.com, eat your heart out! I can find almost anyone from highschool for free! mua ha ha ha! I can fine tune my profile page to utter cuteness, let everyone know what music I like, and then look and see my friends' cute pages and what music they like. And did I mention Rhett Miller is my friend?

[crossbones] The obligation to check another site for messages weighs so- very- heavy. I have 3 email inboxes to check, and voice mail which everyone knows is a joke
but I occasionally check that too, and myspace makes 5 communicados that I'm obliged to keep tidy. Achtung: the following statement is guaranteed to offend someone somewhere
The about-me-bulletins are out of control, people. I mean, the bulletins in general are seldomly unique and special, but I can't deal with the answer-50-questions over and over and over. I think this means I won't do them on this blog anymore. I'm burnt out as a cocktail weenie in a jet engine over those.

...more to come as I think of them...

3 comments:

Gibbytron said...

I resonate with all three! Perhaps that is why we are friends? :)Watching TV, eating Chinese food, and checking my MySpace sounds like a good night to muah...

Sam said...

I am working so hard to believe the most recent cookie message I recieved...it was so important...I BLOGGED it...please oh please magical cookie maker...

Gadzie said...

I loved this post. :)
very vivid and entertaining!
2 thumbs up!