Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bazaar bizarre

The Maker Faire was the best fair I have ever attended. True it didn't have Big Tex or a freak show, unless you count of all of us attendees, but it had a mobile glass blower and inflatable sheep-whales that sensed human movement.
It was like we were two honeybees who found our hive. And it was full of honey!!! I can't describe how cool it was, there was too much stuff to recount here. I'll add photos of it tomorrow.
Jenna was there at the Bizarre Bazaar selling her wares amongst many other fabulous crafters. I don't care for the quilty-scrapbook-y craft-o-ramas, but these ladies sold pink dinosaur arm bands, cupcake scarves, guitar pick earrings and nifty art wallets, one of which I purchased. I gleaned lots of good ideas of things i could make myself, mostly things that didn't require too much sewing or knitting. Glue and paint is more my style.
Hooray for "makers!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I love MAKE, that sucks we missed it! We spent most of Saturday at the SF Zoo for earth day. Explaining things like people sketching polar bears and why they aren't drawing bear poop (all my son would high-center on at the moment) but the bears themselves. Oh yeah, and seeing the gorillas eat scabs, that was fun too...