Thursday, April 20, 2006

the cat's got nubbies now


not really our cat, but I'll be darned if this ain't her doppleganger
I first learned about claw-nubs from Thom on Queer Eye. Just one more reason why he's my favorite member of the Fab 5.
I thought only veterinarians could apply them, but on my last visit to the petfood store, I noticed the store cat had purple claws. I said "oh did the vet put those nail covers on?" and the young fellow replied "uh no, you can buy them and put them on."
It made my day. Of course *I* didn't intend on having any part in putting them on. That's a job for the man of the house.
Tonight, he nubbed the cat, I helped just a little, but the cat nip helped alot more.

Now her nails look better than mine. And our red leather chair just breathed a sigh of relief.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so would never put nails on my cat. That's probably why I don't have a cat though. Even though my son loves (and still talks about "Charlie's cat" today) your cat, I would be mean and let poor Olive survive with no fake nails... :)

Charlie said...

Oh, they're not for beauty, although she does look stylish now.
They're to protect the baby and the leather chair.

That is not to say I'm not above painting my dogs nails for fun. But they're boys, and gay enough as it is.

Unknown said...

I like to read the words cat nubs and nubbies. Like sugar for my eyes.