Monday, February 05, 2007

a model "pull it together" issue

This baby's room is so far from being done, I need to just get that off my chest.

It's not painted.
There is still a pile of drums without a drumshield in the corner.
The curtains aren't sewn yet.
There's a random mattress without a frame on the floor.
My bills are all over the floor.
The baby swing is flipped upside down on the carpet like a fallen cockroach.
And the computer is still in here on top of his tiny tiny dresser.

It looks like FBI agents raided this room looking for evidence.

He has no closet to speak of because it happens to be our server closet. There's a clothes bar and one shelf that he gets.

I feel bad. With Baby C, a month before she was due, the whole room was together.

But I'm tired and big.
And unfortunately, it's all up to me
in the hours when a certain bug isn't awake.

[pout]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

have jim and sue come help...what is family for if not for slave labor at a time of pregnancy?

Sam said...

I can help on the weekends since I apparently have no social life...

**Group Pout**

Anonymous said...

Yay for family and friends!

I think I may completely understand your feelings (at least from a guys perspective that is...)

We found out EK is pregnant.

With Twins.

There goes the guest bedroom in the house we bought like 6 weeks ago. Oh well, guess God has a better plan than us.

nevertheless, we're now contemplating how we're going to a: still have people out, b: afford two of everything baby and c: Do this (once again, like your situation) in the evenings after the storm that is little children are sleeping.

G$ said...

Sounds like you need SUPER GG to the rescue!! Like Ro says, get Sue & Jim crackin the whip. She is a great seamstress and Jim can make Kevin feel guilty for not having it done already! It's not your fault. It's hard to get ANYTHING done with a NOSY, BUSY baby about the house. He'll be in your room for a while so for now, chill as best you can and REST 'cause you're gonna need it!!!

Unknown said...

Have a baby decorating party!

When I was getting married, I had too many crafts for one girl to reasonably accomplish, so I had a craft party and had all my girlfriends over to help. I just fed them, and they had a great time!

Someone can sew, a couple someones can paint, and do whatever else needs doing, and all you need to do is supervise!