Saturday, February 24, 2007

stay put, baby

Last night I had contractions, more than the usual psych-out contractions that I have usually felt before.
There was't any special order to them. But nonetheless I started getting stressed out- I don't want to deliver yet.
The Baby-C-care bag hasn't been packed, I didn't want to go to the hospital in the middle of the night, I agreed to help at church for 4 hours Saturday evening and have no way of calling anyone to replace me, and the kitchen is a total disaster.
I had Kevin type out the new birth plan during the contractions, because I hadn't even done that yet.

I went to bed early to try and stop thinking about all of that and then I wake up at 3AM with harder conractions in a somewhat regular way. I just kept thinking "no, not now, not now, just wait 30 hours, c'mon don't do this to me now, little baby."
Thankfully they again went away and I went back to sleep around 4AM.

So if I can just make it past tonight, I'll feel alot better about it.
I really want a weekday though, with fresh nurses and doctors. No graveyard shifts please.

No comments: