Wednesday, February 21, 2007

only half awake as I type this



Now that I only have two weeks to go until the due date, I am tired all day long.
I feel really guilty about not having the energy to walk the dogs or run around with the baby at the playground.
We still go to the playground, but even the little Chinese grandmas at the park make me look like a sloth.

I don't remember being this tired before at this point, but then I don't remember alot of things.
I do remember sweating more and swelling more, for what that's worth, I'm thankful to be without that and that.

I'm looking forward to these things once the little bun arrives:

1. Laying on my stomach.
2. Hugging Kevin like normal person, not like a teepee.
3. When I get work requests, saying "I can't, I have two babies."
4. The last 3 inches of my belly being covered by my shirts.
5. Not sleeping with 4 extra strategically placed pillows around me at night.
6. Wearing my real wedding ring again.

Which of course outweighs the list of things I'm not happily anticipating:

1. Nursing.
2. Nursing.
3. Worrying about SIDS all over again.
4. Waking up every 2-3 hours.
5. Not having enough help and rest
6. Sharing our room with a baby again.

Tommorrow afternoon we'll know if I've "progressed" any further. I'm pessimistic about the chance of an early delivery. Honestly deep down, I think he'll be late like his sister and by my calculations that means he'll be the size of a Butterball turkey.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel for you. I'm so sorry that you have to suffer until go time. i like how you put nursing and nursing...haha...maybe this time will be better! You are a trooper. I'm excited for the little guy to arrive...

Samantha P.M. said...

I'll be here to help as much as I can...I can't really help w/late nights, but early morning I've got under control...plus, I'll need a jogging buddy in lil baby c.

laura said...

man...i still haven't forgotten the tiredness. you rock for taking on this challenge. i have every bit of faith that you, of all people, can persevere. you truly inspire me! xoxo