Saturday, February 24, 2007

oh, Dinesh

I've been looking on craigslist for a dresser to go in the baby's room for a few months now. I don't know why I bother, when we don't have any way of transporting it. I know we'll end up with something from IKEA in the end. But I look anyway.

This afternoon I came across an ad for furniture that I must share.



This [creepy Chinese herbal medicine clinic waiting room] print is for sale.
And this is how the man describes it:

"- Art Frame (Original Purchase price $470) - $200
Description of the frame:
Western print of a herd of wild horses running in the wind. Enhance your decor with this captivating print that will accent your western home. The print is actually mounted on rippled barn tin. A process that gives it the wavy effect that you see. It is then framed in antique wood, giving it a rustic appearance.
Size is 61"w x 28"h and item is very durable."


Are we looking at the same picture? Apparently so. "Western" and "Rustic" in a Chinese railroad worker kind of way, I guess because it clearly has kanji at the top right hand side.

2 comments:

G$ said...

Forget Craigs list. Just look in the paper for garage sales/estate sales. You can borrow K's parent's van for pick up. Or wait till I get there in June. I will fix you up, just watch me go!!!!

Anonymous said...

I got a lot of great ideas on western decor and furniture here: Wildwestliving.com. They have some really cool stuff.