Saturday, December 17, 2005

Do I need another project?

Absolutely not.
But I can't stop myself.
I am a housewife now, not a domestic engineer, or even a "stay at home mom," I'm a housewife. I associate that title with the Donna Reeds and Mrs. Cleavers of the 50's who cleaned the toilet in sensible heels and wore pearls while diapering up the tots.
Now I have issues with keeping my shoes on any longer than I have to and I hate sleeping in curlers, but I think I can handle the rest of the "uniform." And I do kick it old school with my cloth diapers!
I have recently bought some dress patterns like these:



Admittedly, I'm not too skilled at following sewing patterns. I might end up breaking character, taking them to a tailor and asking them to do them for me.
If only Kevin would wear a fedora hat to work, the image would be complete.

4 comments:

laura said...

you rule SO much.

)(( hannah mello ))( said...

amazing. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! my name is Miku.
I'm Japanese. I live in Tokyo.
I've just found your brog.
you and your family is so cute!
I am sorry, I can not speake and write English very well..
anyway, nice to meet you:)

MIKU

Unknown said...

In the right fabric, those could be freaking amazing. I love retro styles.

You're so rockabilly.