Friday, December 02, 2005

I just cut a pumpkin with a power saw

I did.
I needed to make soup with it.
I'm sure professional chefs would use a cleaver and a mallet, but I didn't have those.
Whenever I split a gourd (which isn't that often really) I always feel like if there was someone in the room watching me they'd say, "Charlie, stop you're going to stab yourself!"
And I think, "oh my gosh, I'm gonna stab myself."
Not that I'm in any less danger using a reciprocating saw with bare feet and steadying a rolly pumpkin with my left hand.But don't fear, I still have all my digits and Cricket was safely napping in the other room.

3 comments:

laura said...

lol...i'm glad you still have all your body parts.

laura said...

and can i have some soup?

Unknown said...

heavy power tools? ya. i'm scared. but, you can work the hell out of a glue gun!