Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Dr. Dolittle and the seal of the wedding contract

During our pre-marital counseling, Kevin and I were instructed to write a list of 10 expectaions we had for each other regarding our marriage. In addition to "not be a cheatin' dog" and "not to take all of our money and ditch me" I wrote down "install a garbage disposal."
I meant for it to be funny but at the same time I was dead serious.
What was funnier is that our pastor looked at kevin like a handy neighbor and said flatly, "Oh, hey that's an easy job. You can do that in a day."
Upon further inspection that turned out not to be true. Kevin bought the disposal for me for our one year anniversary and installed it for Christmas. It was apparently one pickle of a job. But I now have a disposal and after jigsawing my kitchen cabinets today so that they don't bounce back in your face when you close them, I am generally happy with the operations of our kitchen. Now it's just the room's fugliness that I have to deal with.


(This is a picture of Kevin amassing as many pets as possible on his lap at one time.)

No comments: