Wednesday, November 08, 2006

back off Skipper, he's mine now

When Kevin and I were first dating, I felt funny about telling people his name. Because Kevin was Skipper's boyfriend's name. I had to wince when I said "my boyfriend, Kevin."
Nobody remembered that doll but me and nobody thought Kevin was a cliche boyfriend name but me.
But here's my proof, he did exist:


I think in 1990, he may have had this very outfit.


The real-life Kevin won't let you decorate his jacket with stickers, I've tried.


This was the Kevin doll I had. The sensible "cool top" reminiscent of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and generally glazed over appearance.

3 comments:

won tong said...

I'M THE EXACT SAME WAY...GIGGLE

G$ said...

I think you should sneak in his closet when he is at work and start putting big K's on his shirts. He could be the trend-setter at E-bay!

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the first male barbies to have real hair? God those things were ugly. Emily had a couple.

I only ever owned three barbie dolls, all brunettes, while Emily had about sixty. But she only had two ken dolls, and we always fought over who got the one with the "duct tape underwear" (one of his legs had come off and Daddy "fixed" it).