Wednesday, November 22, 2006

long time a comin'

I finally made a little Baby C mix off of iTunes.

It's heavy on the Beatles.* I discovered she liked the Beatles on a car ride-- while flipping franticly through the radio stations in an attempt to stop her from wailing, I came to a station playing them, and she stopped crying. Bingo!

The others are kinda kiddie artists, but the songs I picked are pretty good and don't make me feel like a loser listening to them.

Where do They Make Balloons?-- They Might Be Giants
Eight Days a Week-- The Beatles
Willy Was a Whale-- Justin Roberts
Can't Buy Me Love-- The Beatles
Catch That Train-- Dan Zanes
Birdhouse in Your Soul-- They Might Be Giants
The Cat Came Back-- Laurie Berkner
Penny Lane-- The Beatles
Meltdown-- Justin Roberts
House Party Time-- Dan Zanes
We Can Work It Out-- The Beatles
Particle Man-- They Might Be Giants


We'll be using this on roadtrips, like the one we're going on tomorrow, I assure you.
I'm sure in no time we'll know every word to every song.

*For reasons I'm sure have to do with either Michael Jackson or Apple corporate identity disputes, the actual Beatles tracks are not for sale on iTunes. I bought the cover band versions. Fine by me!

4 comments:

laura said...

i love dan zane! he used to be with a "real" band and made more $ as a kiddie artist...but his songs are great and he's goofy while maintaining major cool points. good mix!

A. Diabetic Person said...

Michael Jackson owns the rights to the Beatles royalties and he refuses to put them on iTunes. Good times.

You get so so so so so many points for putting TMBG on there. Birdhouse in Your Soul is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I love TMBG!!

G$ said...

Cover band Beatles!!!! That is the pits. If I send you CD's can you down-load off them? Cricket must have the real deal!! Granny-G and Richie insist.