Saturday, November 04, 2006

I'm not cut out for this

This whole city project has reinforced my feeling that I can't do business.

I like to do my thing and then turn it over to someone else. I don't do well "making things happen." The other team members kinda knew that in the beginning but since there are too many indians and not enough chiefs, I became a chief.

If I have to wheel-and-deal, I need a stiff drink afterward.

A few days ago I went to a meeting where I was the only one representing our organization and I felt like I needed adult supervision.
"I look like a grown-up, but I'm really not. So if you could just write it all down, I'll give it to someone who knows what they're doing."

2 comments:

G$ said...

I know exactly how you feel. Just remember that THEY don't know that you don't know what the hell is going on, so as they say in A.A.,"fake it till you make it" or "act as if.....(fill in blank)" Just act like you know what's up and others will follow YOU!

A. Diabetic Person said...

That's excellent advice from G$

That's how I get through every day of my life. :) It works!