Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I owe it to everyone to show the cheetah face

It was not easy painting my face like this while the baby pawed at my leg and cried because she wanted to play outside. It could have looked better if I wasn't riddled with guilt while I did it.

I totally wasted about 3 hours yesterday mixing my own paints for all the painters to use. Because instead of sitting outside in the cold, as usual, we were set up indoors so my softer texture paints were moot and we used mostly old drugstore paints anyway. I'm a loser.
But we painted lots of kids' faces and the masses were merry.


 Posted by Picasa


For some reason the awkward smile is less awkward when pretending to be a cheetah.

I was totally embarrassed with my face like this, and really wanted to wash it off once I got there and saw a record low number of adults were in costume at all. But the kids liked it, so hey.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looked great Charlie! Plus, forget those adults without their costumes :)

Seriously, using the sanctuary was a good idea, but I miss the back parking lot. It was way more comfortable than the front one.

Oh well, I guess we live with it now!

Anonymous said...

you make a splendid Cheetah!

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Why must your post be filled with guilt and embarrasment. Say it with me, "I am somebody and doggonit people like me!"

You Rule Cheeta Mom

G$ said...

I agree with RO! Too bad the other parents were duds. That is the beauty of being a young parent:You can still have FUN! The cheetah is greatness and I know the kids loved having you paint their faces. No more guilt or embarrassment: I am woman hear me ROAR!