Thursday, November 16, 2006

how did this happen?

Try not to be a busy person. Busy people seem miserable to me, and like they're missing life.
Specifically, I thought it was peculiar how people freak out about the holiday season-- how frantic it is, and how people get ulcers just thinking about how much they have to do between November and January.

Generally I'm not too busy, by design, so I can just go with the flow and do my thing.

But somehow, for the next two months, I'm so busy, I'm losing my cookies.

As most of you already know, I'm design lead on our massive-city-wide community improvement program. 7 sites, one day, thousands of dollars and hundreds of volunteers! Thankfully it will all be over on Sunday night, but until then, oye!
Like today, I was at Home Depot with the baby picking up picket fencing and garden arbors and shutters and paint, and she's yelling and insisting to be picked up and throwing things on the floor, I'm overheating and sweating and then there's a long line for the self checkout after the guy at the delivery desk said it would over $300 to deliver all the stuff I needed. That's how yesterday and today were and tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday will be.


Then I have a 3 hour meeting on Monday (baby in tow) and I have prep and drive to Timbuktu for Thanksgiving. The day after we're decorating the church for Christmas, then Allison's coming (no guilt should be placed on her at all, this is all me.) Then I'm running sound and video for a women's program two days in a row at church...

I've become one of those wackos!

Mark my words, next year I'm just going to say "Sorry, I have two babies, I can't."


Otherwise I'll end up like this!
No!!!
No holiday sweatshirts!!!!

3 comments:

A. Diabetic Person said...

Just think- when I'm at your house you can go to Home Depot minus the screaming child.

Does that help at all?

A. Diabetic Person said...

Oh, and? I don't need to be entertained while I'm there. You know that right?

Please, PLEASE don't entertain me.

Charlie said...

What if I dress like that lady and make snickerdoodles? That's subtle entertainment.
No, I know you dont need entertainment, but I don't want your room to be a pit of crap when you get here.