Friday, August 25, 2006

my first present outing

I had to fill our vitamin prescriptions at the drug store and while I was looking for fabric dye, I saw the toy aisle.
Baby's 1st birthday is right around the corner so I picked out her gifts with her right there in the stroller. And it occurred to me that this is last time I will be able to shop for her gifts with her watching me and they'll still be a surprise when she opens them. :)

I bought some bright-make-baby-happy wrapping paper instead of gift bags. Normally I I don't use bags (because I'm a gift wrap snob), but then I thought "hmm she does like taking stuff out of bags...wait, what am I going to do with those bags after the gifts come out?"
So I bought the paper and wrapped them cleverly with "pull rings" so she can easily yank on the rings to tear open the paper! [curtsey]

I was all over the place on the age recommendations. The GlowWorm I bought said "Birth+", the My Little Pony said "3+" and the little ambulance said "12mo+."
And for those concerned, before I wrapped it I took out the little pony hairbrush which is the "small part" that made it baby-inappropriate. I don't think she can fit the whole pony in her mouth. And she likes things that light up and play music, that's why I bought the 'worm. :)
(I had a My Little Pony and a GlowWorn 20 years ago, that's weird don't ya' think?)

4 comments:

won tong said...

JEREMY WAS OBSSESSED WITH GLOWLAND GLOW WORM GLOW EVERTHING..HE WAS 7 YRS OLD WHILE I STOOD IN LINE AT TOYS R US BUYING IT.. HE STILL HAS IT ...I COULD NEVER THROW IT AWAY...GIGGLE TELL THE BUG HAPPY B-DAY..

Anonymous said...

What cute wrapping!! You are such a clever, thoughtful little mom! I remember you had ALL the My Little Pony stuff and played with them for a LONG time!!


Aunt Dianne

laura said...

good gifts! and great wrapping too. happy birthday, buggie!

Unknown said...

dang, nice gifts. yeah, you loved those toys and so will the bug-a-boo. I can't decide what to buy her...so many options. We'll see what delivers.